Monday, January 28, 2008

Prologue: The Theory of Relativity

According to Wikipedia the thoery of relativity refers to Einstein's two theories of relativity, special relativity and general relativity. I do not know these theories, but I do know my own.

And my own theory is this:

No one thing is exactly the same for everyone. That is to say, what is one thing for one person, may be the opposite for another. For one student, chemistry may be a difficult subject to comprehend. For his classmate sitting next to him, it's an easy A. That dress you saw at the mall and thought was hideous may just be the thing your best friend had her eye on. It's just like that saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." It all depends on how you see things.

Different perspectives can be affected by location, background, people, and just about anything you're around on a daily basis. So for people in first-world nations, it's just to hard to only imagine countries like Iraq or Sudan.

Because no two people are always in the same situation, they may not always see eye to eye. Your parents don't understand how big of a deal your appearance is, especially when you're trying to catch the attention of that one guy in your Spanish class. Or how it doesn't matter if you get a D in Phys. Ed. When will you ever need to climb a rope in your lifetime?

This theory can be the ultimate example. For all I know, you're shaking your head at this. You're bored out of your mind. You're convinced I have way to much time on my hands. You're still reading though, aren't you? No matter how much you disagree or just don't care, my messsage is still reaching you.

Well this part has, I hope the rest of it will

No comments: